Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Week Ends Bad/Truck Is Back In Shop

Well Friday turned into a slight disaster. I got to my consignee at around 430pm, got unloaded by 5pm, called the shipper for my next load and couldn't get an answer. So I pulled my curtains, punched in the address on the gps and headed over there.
Upon arrival one of the security guards told me that they were closed for the weekend, so off to the hotel I go.
After a weekend in the hotel I check out this morning and head off to get loaded.
While driving over to pick up my load the low coolant light came on. While they were loading me I discovered the problem. It seems that the technician at Worldwide Equipment in Huntington, WV left a bolt out when putting my truck back together. Mistakes happen! I called them and told them what was happening with the truck, and we worked out a place to stop and have it looked at.
While on my way to Shelbyville, IN I stopped at the Volvo/Mack dealer in Knoxville, TN. They put me directly in the shop. I was there several hours, but they found a couple of problems, repaired them, got me on my way, and did not charge me a dime.
I want to thank the guys at Worldwide Equipment(Volvo/Mack) in both the Huntington, WV, and the Knoxville, TN locations. They were all very patient, and worked very hard to correct a problem, and did so in a very timely manner. I would recommend either shop to a friend.
Well, that's all for now. I am sitting here in Oxford, KY waiting until 830am to get here so that I can legally get out on the road and start working. Just so you know, I hate the hours of service law! It's ridiculous in my opinion.
Well, good day and God bless:-)














This blog is an attempt to give real information about my experiences at Protected Cargo. This blog was started on day one of my employment at Tango Transport and I have continued to keep it going with my new contract. Go back and read over the past few months. If you decide to come to work for my current carrier then please put my name down as the one who referred you. Feel free to call me with questions. My number is 337-This blog is an attempt to give real information about my experiences at Protected Cargo. This blog was started on day one of my employment at Tango Transport and I have continued to keep it going with my new contract. Go back and read over the past few months. If you decide to come to work for my current carrier then please put my name down as the one who referred you. Feel free to call me with questions. My number is 337-789-7925. Come join the team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use integrity when commenting. No SPAM, it is not kosher.

Torah Portion Vayetze with Prophets and Gospels Tree of Life Version

VAYETZE TORAH  : GENESIS 28:10-32:2 PROPHETS  : HOSEA 12:12-14:10 GOSPEL  : JOHN 1:41-51 Get your very own printed copy of The Scriptures...