Sunday, April 10, 2011


Sorry I've taken so long to update my blog. Things have been alittle hectic for me this past week. I'll try to keep up better from here on out.
When I left Chesterfield, MO I was all set to drop that load in Coushatta, LA, but things really started getting a little strange at that point.
Once empty at Chesterfield, I got my Pre-plan for a load picking up in Jefferson City, MO. For those of you that have been around the trucking industry any amount of time, you know that the Qualcomm system of communication leaves a lot to be desired. Because of the sluggishness of the system I did not receive my full dispatch until I was nearly to Jefferson City. I had passed up my designated fuel stop by 50 miles by the time I received my full dispatch, so I had to buy "out of network" fuel costing the company money.
Once loaded I began my trek to Coushatta to unload only to be turned around near Harrison, AR. I was told to bring my load to Ft. Smith, AR and drop it at another customers yard, then hook to a loaded trailer there and bring it to a company in Simsboro, LA. I am leaving out many details, but let me just say that there were some severe miscommunications and I ended up having my trailer unloaded there, and then reloaded with another load.
After unloading in Simsboro, LA I headed to International Paper in Mansfield, LA for my next assignment, a load to Lafayette, LA. I picked up that trailer and headed home for the remainder of the weekend.
I emptied out Tuesday morning in Lafayette and pickup a loaded trailer at the same place going to Mountain Home, AR. From there I deadheaded to North Little Rock, AR and took that load to Mandfield, LA.
From there I picked up a load in Hodge, LA and took it to Ft. Worth, Tx. I then picked up a loaded trailer at our drop yard in Irving, TX and took it to Carrollton, TX. Then loaded six miles down the road at Lewisville, TX and currently have it on my truck to be delivered Monday in Eunice, LA at 4:30pm.
Thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment